January 16, 2016

We Don't Know What We Don't Know

Over the years, the Lord has led me down an amazing journey of knowledge. My friends chuckle at all the books I've read, but I believe the Lord is leading me to the things He wants me to know. "Without knowledge, the people perish." Hosea 4:6

Our God is infinite. We will be in His Presence for all eternity and still not know all of Him!  The more I study, the more I am compelled to study. One glimpse of knowledge opens another door - a door I didn't even know existed!

I dreamed the other night that I was handed a whole bunch of rusty, ancient keys and in the dream, I put one of the keys into a heavy, wooden door.  Then the dream ended.

I want to open that door.




Recently God lead me to an amazing book called, "The Dancing Hand of God," by James Maloney. This book is an inspiring account of James' life, from poverty and abuse to the 'dancing hand of God.'

James had had some life-changing encounters with God but his life really changed when he was chosen by a group called "The Golden Candlesticks."  Sound a little weird, right?  I thought so too but after reading his account, I was fascinated and ordered the book, "Ladies of Gold."

This book is a compilation of writings by Frances Metcalfe, the leader of The Golden Candlesticks and as I read her writings, I recognized My God.  She has gone to Glory but in her lifetime she  had encounters with Jesus that most of us will never have and she has touched the heart of God in ways that stretch my imagination.

The Golden Candlesticks was a group that varied in number over the years.  There were between 30 and 80 people, mostly women, that met 6 nights a week.  They worshiped and prayed from 6pm until 3am in the morning!  They built a special house to meet in - in James Maloney's home town.

They gave up all opportunities for public ministry to minister nightly to the Lord but they asked one thing of God - that they would be allowed one person to pour all their hopes and anointing into.  That person was James Maloney!

And the miracles and healings and encounters that James has experienced are mind-boggling!  The Lord released him a couple of years ago to share all these things and I am so thankful that I read this book.  Dear Lord, please stretch me to reach for Your Presence, to KNOW You and the power of Your resurrection!

I have spent hours (days) reading these books and asking God to teach me and let me know Him more. And surprisingly (ha!) "Golden Ladies" led me to another book!  God willing, I'll share on that later!

love and blessings~

"Then God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years;" Genesis 1:14


No comments:

Post a Comment