March 13, 2015

Decorating with Blue and White

I thought when I redecorated a couple of years ago that I could not use my collection of 'blue and white' with my new decor. Our main floor was decorated in reds and yellows for several years and I loved mixing blue and white porcelain in with everything.  But for some reason I decided it wouldn't work with my new aqua and white colors. 
 ~lol and a forehead slap~

So I loaned it all to my daughter and she displayed it for a while.  But when she and her husband bought their first home, she packed it all up and gave it back to me.

And I'm glad! 

 I've had a lot of fun over the past couple of months figuring out where to put it all.  Here is my desk when I last posted it.
And here it is now...
 The blue and white adds such a pretty contrast and I'm loving it!

And I like it with the aqua...

 even mixed with  crystal, mercury glass or aqua porcelain
 This is our old decor.  I think it goes beautifully with the golds and reds.

In a casual centerpiece for your dining room table
or something more formal


This is our entry hall.  It adds a touch of femininity to a rustic table.
None of mine is old.  I've picked it up over the years at HomeGoods and Hobby Lobby.  I've even ordered a few items (like the flower pot with the wire cloche on top) from Amazon. 

So my love affair is back on.  My daughter and I were shopping the other day and I spotted a pretty piece and picked it up.  She made me put it back down. But I think I need some ginger jars to go on top of my china cabinet! ;)

Have a beautiful weekend!

love and blessings~

 "...and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself." Exodus 24:10 -

I'm linking up with these parties:
Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
A Stroll Thru Life Inspire Me Tuesday
StoneGable The Scoop
HomeRemedies rx - Talented Tuesdays
Savvy Southern Style - Wow-Us-Wednesdays

21 comments:

  1. So lovely! Looks like it's right out of the pages of a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynda! I love your blue and whites and how nice they look on your sweet desk!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I visit your home, I'm amazed at how pretty it is! Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda, your home is full of grace and peace...it so speaks to me.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loveing all your blue and white!

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love blue and white porcelain. You have a wonderful collection. I just started collecting my pieces not too long ago. Thanks for sharing. I just popped over from the Scoop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie! I think 'the hunt' is half the fun. Hope you find pieces that you love!

      Delete
  7. Although I've never decorated with blue and white, it remains one of my favorite combinations.

    I found you via The Scoop where we are almost neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dayle! Looking forward to being blog friends! :)

      Delete
  8. I love blue and white! My bedroom makeover was just done in blue and white. You have a beautiful home! I found you on Talented Tuesday Link Party and I would love for you to link up with me on my link party this Thursday at the Idea Box! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If this isn't the most peaceful house. I know where my spring fix ups are headed. Could you list the color of blue and taupe paints you used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francis! The shutter color is SW Interesting Aqua - my family room walls are diluted down from that color. The color in the living room is SW Deer Valley.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blue and white collection - so many pretty pieces! And the way you have it all displayed - gorgeous! I have a small collection, too and I'm really struggling to blend it into my rustic farmhouse decor I have in my house currently. You've given me lots of great ideas! Thanks so much for sharing at the Talented Tuesdays Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! I wasn't sure it would work with my rustic either. Thank you for reassuring me that it's ok!

      Delete