December 3, 2016

Christmas in the Dining Room

I hope you're all having a wonderful Christmas season and are getting all your shopping done!. We try to keep Christmas simple but there are eleven of us, so when eleven people buy eleven people gifts, it piles up!

I'm slow at shopping and a slow Christmas decorator. I never start until the day after Thanksgiving. Instead of shopping on that day, I have my guys get all the Christmas boxes down from the attic and start at it. I only bought a couple of new things this year. I mostly just like to try putting the old things in new places. 

Our main floor is all open and our dining room is between our family room and our living room. It's also open to the kitchen. We love the open floor plan and it's especially nice at the holidays when we're all together..

My husband made our dining room table several years ago and we love it! He made it out of $125 worth of 'white wood' and it's still perfect. I did the sanding and staining. We add a smaller table to it on the holidays so that we can all sit together.
My favorite thing at Christmas is the trees. I've had as many as four decorated before but I gave one to our daughter a few years ago. The last few years, I've had this one in the dining room.
This year I decorated it in blue and gold to go with the toile and ticking in here and the living room.


I love this sleigh from Hobby Lobby. I got it last year and it's perfect as a centerpiece for our table.

I recently painted our china cabinet a soft blue. I also lightened the deeper blue that I had on the back inside the cabinet.

My parents were stationed in Germany when I was born and when they returned to the States, they brought back lots of treasures. One of them is this beautiful set of De Haviland china.




This china has been put away in the bottom of our other china cabinet and after I painted this blue, I brought it out to display it. I love the softness and dimension it adds to this area.




I know the holidays are hard for some who are missing loved ones. We have lost family members too and miss them even more this time of year. I'm praying that God brings comfort to you and happy memories of your times together.

love and blessings~

"Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be registered with Mary, his betrothed wife,[a] who was with child." Luke 2:4-5

I'm joining these parties:
betweennapsontheporch
thededicatedhouse
myuncommonsliceofsuburbia
stonegableblog

9 comments:

  1. All so pretty with peacefulness and serenity. Blessings on your and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Connie! love and blessings to you and your family for a wonderful Christmas!

      Delete
  2. I love your home! Can you share the source of the wonderful candlesticks on the table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I got them at Tuesday Morning and as you probably know, it's hit or miss on what they have. Hope you find some! I love them!

      Delete
  3. It's so beautiful, I can't even. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It is really good info! Thanks for sharing this post ��

    ReplyDelete