July 23, 2014

Stretch Out Your Tent Stakes

My daughter, Laura Myers
Twenty one years ago my family and I left our home in  Denver, Colorado and moved to Auburn, Alabama for my husband to get his PhD in Economics.  During most of the five years we lived there we attended Auburn First Assembly of God; a church of about 600 people.  

I have always been involved in Worship Dance Ministry, thanks to Nina Korsen who pastored our church with her husband, Jeff,  in Denver.  When we began attending our church in Auburn I was so blessed that the Praise and  Worship was wonderful but disappointed that no one was dancing.  After attending there a while I couldn't stand it anymore and one Sunday walked to the back of the sanctuary and began to worship My God with dance.  


After a few months the Lord put it on my heart to start a Worship Dance Ministry with the young teen girls that were part of the Missionettes group that I was leading. He also put it on my heart to join the choir of about 40 people.  He gave me the scripture Isaiah 54:2,3,

     "Enlarge the place of your tent; Stretch out the curtains of your dwellings, spare not; Lengthen your cords, And strengthen your pegs, For you will spread abroad to the right and to the left, and your descendants will possess nations and resettle the desolate cities."

I asked the Worship Pastor if I could join the choir.  He said, "Yes." 
I said, "May I dance?"  He smiled and said, "Yes." 
I asked if I could always stand on the end so that I would have room.  He said, "Yes. 
I started going to practice.

The first Sunday that I was up on the platform I began to feel the Holy Spirit moving in me and convicting me to respond.  Remember - I was in front of about 600 people and that none of them ever danced!  I remembered the words of God to Jeremiah, telling him not to be dismayed but to obey what God was telling him to do.  I turned my back to the congregation, faced the wall, and began to dance.  

About two weeks later I was dancing on the platform during praise and worship when I saw a man in the back of sanctuary weeping.  He came up to me after church and told me how convicted he was of the sin in his life when he saw me dancing.  

We were now also doing choreographed worship dance.  We did a wonderful medley of songs during an evening service.  The Lord told me to go the front before the song and to say the words to one of the songs we were dancing to.  "Cast out your nets all ye fishers of men!  In the power of the Spirit, revival begins!"

(Months later the Lord would remind me of this and tell me to go back and look at the tape because I had not made the connection.)  Because revival broke out at our church.  For over 5 months we had church every night but Mondays and we would stay until midnight sometimes, worshiping and dancing and ministering to those in need.  

And now everyone was dancing!  The minute praise and worship would start the young people would hurry to the front and begin to praise.  People would arrive every night already shouting and singing their praise to God and the only purpose of the praise and worship leaders was to get them to sing the same song!  

I saw God do things in that season that I had never seen before.  I saw Him move in the most beautiful ways. The gifts of the Spirit were flowing with love and power and one of the most amazing things was that brand-new believers were speaking with beautiful revelations that they had received from the Father.  

Over 700 people were saved in that 5 months and the young college students were standing on the corners at Auburn University preaching the gospel!  

I learned so much in that season.  I learned so much about the intercession and the spiritual warfare of the dance.  I learned that there are different kinds of dance; intercession, warfare, celebration, praise and worship.  

Over the years in my walk with Jesus He has brought a special anointing into my hands just a couple of times.  My hands VIBRATE.  It has happened twice in Denver, once or twice in Auburn, once about 4 years ago and then again this Sunday!  

But the wonderful part to me - the reason I'm really paying attention and rejoicing - is not only did God bring that 'special' anointing again but this Sunday a guest pastor visiting and preaching at our church, quoted Isaiah 54:2,3 and today Marsha Burn of Small Straws in a Soft Wind also quotes Isaiah 54:2,3.  

"Enlarge the place of your tent; Stretch out the curtains of your dwellings, spare not; Lengthen your cords, And strengthen your pegs, For you will spread abroad to the right and to the left, and your descendants will possess nations and resettle the desolate cities."

Dancing for joy!  

Love and blessings!


"Praise the LORD!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty expanse.
Praise Him for His mighty deeds;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness.
Praise Him with trumpet sound.
Praise Him with harp and lyre.
Praise Him with timbrel and dancing;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and pipe."
Psalms 150






No comments:

Post a Comment