July 30, 2015

Home Tour - Summer 2015


It's been over a year since I've posted a 'Home Tour.'  A lot has changed since then so it's definitely time for an update.

We bought our house almost 12 years ago.  It sits on a little over 2 acres. It's around 4500 sq ft, including the basement.  It has 4 bedrooms and 3 1/2 bathrooms.



We recently replaced our front door.  Come on in!
When you enter our home, you can go straight through this room to the deck and pool, or left into the house or right into the garage.
This view is looking from the deck as you enter from the back.

This is the wall next to the garage door.

When you leave the entry way and enter the house, you can go right into the living room, go straight ahead and up the stairs, or head a little to the left through a hallway to the kitchen.  The master bedroom is at the top of the stairs on the right.  Upstairs to the left is another bathroom and a bedroom.
The picture below is the view as you enter the living room.
Looking from the kitchen.

Our living room, dining room, kitchen and family room are all open to each other.



This is the view from the kitchen sink looking into the dining room...
and looking into the living room.  The white door goes to the basement.  The black door you see in the entry room goes to the garage.

From the dining room, you step down into the family room.




Our family room has windows on three sides. 
From the couch you can look back into the dining room and living room.

This is the view as you step down into the family room from the kitchen.
Looking from the dining room into the kitchen.


You can step out onto the deck from the dining room...or from the entry room.

We have a cabana next to our pool with a bathroom, wet bar and refrigerator.
This is the view looking up from the cabana area to the deck.

 
My herb garden is on the deck for the summer.

On our main floor are two bedrooms.  
One is a guest room; the other is my husband's office.


For  more photos of the guest room click here.  We are currently planning on moving my husband's office upstairs.  I stay out of his office and won't show you any pictures - maybe after we move it. We are then planning on making the second main floor bedroom into another guest room.

The main floor bathroom is in a hallway off the kitchen with both of these bedrooms.  We are also planning some updates in this room.

Upstairs are two more bedrooms - the master with an attached bathroom, and my son's bedroom, which I also am not going to show you.    
Our master bedroom and bath look out onto the back yard and the hills beyond.
More photos of our master bedroom




Immediately at the top of the stairs to the left is my son's bathroom, which I've never shown you before.

We made a lot of changes to this room several years ago, adding bead board, painting the vanity and adding a new sink top and new toilet. 
This is a more accurate picture of the paint color.  The light fixture made it photograph more yellow than it actually is.
My son's bedroom is on the front of the house.  All of our rooms upstairs have the slanted ceilings, which you can see a little of in this picture.

In our basement is another family room, a fifth bedroom, a half bath and a weight room.  More photos of our basement  
These are winter photos - nothing has changed much there - and all my guys are hanging around so much I can't get any new pictures!


Thanks so much for visiting!

We are continuing to make changes on our kitchen right now and have plans for several other rooms. I hope you'll visit often!

love and blessings~


"O LORD, I love the habitation of Your house And the place where Your glory dwells. " Psalms 26:8   

33 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda! Oh, your home is just so beautiful. You've done a wonderful job in decorating it too.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have created a beautiful and comfortable home, Lynda. I love all of the blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JoAnne! I had a lot of reds and yellows a couple of years ago and made a big change. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Oh, how beautiful. A stunning tour. I love the layout of your home--it's so functional and practical, and it's utterly gorgeous on top of that. You have marvelous style. I adore the shutters on the windows, and the light is from heaven itself. It doesn't get any better than this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael Lee, you are so generous! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. You have a beautiful home and great style, so enjoyed the tour!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessing,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda,
    You truly have a lovely home, you have one of my favorite pics over your mantle in the living room..............
    It is very warm and welcoming and really enjoyed the tour.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nellie! I love that painting too. It has Godly meaning to me. Thanks so much for visiting!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous home! I love how it all flows so peacefully with the soft blues and creams! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that a wood ceiling that I see in your master bath? Your home is really pretty! I like the soft colors in your living room, and that outdoor area with the pool looks like a great place to entertain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the ceiling in the bathroom is wood. We are waiting for a contractor to come and give us some estimates and are planning on updating the bathroom. I think I'm going to white-wash the ceiling. Thanks so much for visiting, Julie!

      Delete
  8. Your house is so beautiful! Nicely done! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful tour of your gorgeous home, love your decor and paint colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! I'm a fan of your home and blog so I appreciate you visiting!
      love and blessings~

      Delete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, and very heartwarming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home is very pretty. Like you, I am a "frenchie fanatic". I enjoyed seeing all the wonderful French touches you have added throughout your home.
    Best,
    Michelle from simplysantabarbara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful home! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your home is breathtaking! Each room is more beautiful than the next, but it is still very warm & inviting. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lynda! You were definitely a hit this week at my blog! And, I think I forgot to leave the link on your other feature post. Anyhoo, here you go. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/08/weekly-feature-series_15.html Thanks for joining all of my parties! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete