September 1, 2015

How to Make a Welcome Sign

There's something about early Fall that makes me want to decorate my front entry.  Maybe it's because all the summer flowers are fading.  But maybe it's because there are so many beautiful things you can do this time of year to give your guests a warm welcome!

I made this simple 'Welcome Sign' in no time at all.



We had some fence slats in our garage that we hadn't used and I grabbed one.  It's outdoor treated wood so it's perfect for an outdoor sign!  You can pick one up any home improvement store for about a dollar.
I spray painted it whatever tan color I had available.  I actually used what was left in two different tan cans.

I bought some letters at Walmart that were the perfect size and spray painted them with an antique white.

Then I attached the letters with wood glue.


The next day as I was driving away from my house I noticed that my letters looked too bright so the next morning I gave the letters a once-over with a beige chalk paint.  My daughter noticed the difference right away and laughed that the first paint job lasted one day!

You can tell that it's just being held in place by the urn.  I originally had planned on putting it on the other side of the door but decided it was better here.  I was surprised by how well it matched the house!

I'm looking forward to adding pumpkins and other fall decor in a couple of weeks!

love and blessings~


"No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LordAnd their vindication is from Me," declares the Lord." Isaiah 54:17
Joining these linky parties:savvysouthernstyleposedperfection




6 comments:

  1. What a neat idea... and a very pretty one too! The sign looks great! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, I love the sign and it adds so much curb appeal.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda,
    The sign is a "show stopper", dear friend!!!
    It speaks volumes of you!!!
    Thanks for sharing and inspiring!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete