January 14, 2014

Painting a Mirror

Many of you have seen my post Front Hall Table Reveal.  My husband built this table and I got this beautiful mirror at Joss and Main.

But every time I saw this picture all I could think is that it was too dark.  So yesterday I took the mirror down, taped it off and painted the frame.

I first painted it a flat white not worrying about getting into all the cracks and crevices because I wanted it to look old and chippy.  Then I took the glaze/paint mix that I used on Stenciling a Cabinet and added it here and there and this is how it turned out!

I love it!  It's so much fresher and prettier.  My family is always a little shocked when I paint something that's brand new but honestly sometimes I buy it knowing I'm going to paint it.  That was not the case here but I'm glad I did.
I have a LARGE collection of  'blue and white' that I've been holding on to not sure if I could use it in my new decor but I love it in here with the turquoise walls.

I'm thinking some more things in this room may get a coat of white.


I won't show you the other side of the room because my husband's newest project is waiting there for me to sand and stain.

 I hope to get these tables done today and be able to post them tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day!

Love and blessings!

 "God thunders with His voice wondrously, Doing great things which we cannot comprehend." Job 37:5

6 comments:

  1. Oh I totally love that mirror, so beautiful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the mirror turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! Amazing what a little paint can do!

      Delete
  3. That mirror is gorgeous! I am so moving in!

    Warm wishes,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete