Since then, they've been covered in a couple of different fabrics and the first time I recovered them, I didn't do a great job. It was really more of an attached slipcover than upholstery. You can see the chair and ottoman here covered in blue toile (third picture down).
But I got bold this time and ripped off the original piping and did it right.
I didn't take pictures of the original chair but this is what the original ottoman looked like.
I wanted the over-stuffed look and my ottoman was a little flat. I added some Poly-fil...
So I stapled it on to the ottoman and trimmed away the excess fabric.
Then I needed to make the double piping that you usually see on upholstered pieces. If you don't want to do this step, you can use any trim or gimping that you'd like. I measured around the ottoman and cut two pieces of welting long enough to circle it. I covered the first piece by sewing it along the edge of the fabric.
I lay the second piece up against the first and rolled the fabric over on top of it and sewed along it again...
And here is the finished ottoman.
I've also moved around several pieces of furniture and will post pictures very soon.
Love and blessings!
I'm linking up with http://betweennapsontheporch.net/