February 2, 2016

Yes, LORD!

My daughter, who has seen fire coming from her mouth.
The Judah Company, 2007
I asked the Lord several years ago why He doesn't just show His glory to all of mankind?

Why He didn't make His Presence known on the earth so that people would be bowled over by the knowledge that He is real - He is God?

Maybe you've asked Him that, too.  It seems so simple to me.  Show them that You are God.

He didn't answer me until a couple of years ago.





He told me that when He reveals Himself to us that people have one of two responses; they can say, "Yes"or they can say, "No."  When they say, "No," their hearts become hardened.  And God, Who knows all things, withholds His glory with mercy, for those He knows are not ready.

Bill Johnson, www.ibethel.org, tells a story that has always amazed me.  While he was pastoring a church in Weaverville, CA, the Lord touched him in a wonderful way.  God visited Bill during the night for several nights and Bill would just shake with the Presence of God. Then God moved him to pastor at Bethel, in Redding, CA.

And the miracles started happening.

And one thousand, of the three thousand people that attended that church, left!

Wait.  What?!  I was shocked!  Let me get this straight.  One third of the church left because they didn't like the miracles?

I talk to Christians often who talk just like the secular world.  It's not that they use foul language but there's nothing in their speech or attitudes to indicate that they believe in God.  Their minds are not renewed.

You hear people say all the time, "It's not a religion - it's a relationship," and yet when God shows up, they don't recognize Him.  They've never met Him.

So I get it now. Some people don't want God. They don't want to give over control of their lives. They have never truly said, "Your will and not mine."

And God has given us all a free will and so, in His mercy, He waits.

The 100 year anniversary of Azusa Street is coming up.  People everywhere are organizing with this in mind and praying it in.  They're praying for a double portion. Bill Johnson "resistance-persistence-and-breakthrough"

Last Thursday night, one of our prayer group said she kept seeing fire coming out of her mouth when she speaks.  So I was amazed and blessed to read this article from Charisma  baptism-of-fire-preparing-for-the-next-azusa-street-revival

I was also blessed to see what God has been doing in us to prepare us for what's coming.

I hope He's doing it in your life too and your answer will be 'Yes, Lord!'

love and blessings~


"As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." 
Matthew 3:11 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, Debra! I love when God connects His Body and we can encourage each other. I still think of you every time I see a sheep. ;)
    love and blessings to you and your family

    ReplyDelete