December 31, 2015

Books to Read in 2016

photo credit colourbox.com
I'm a reader. I read constantly.  My friends smirk at each other (with love) that whenever a (God) subject comes up, I will tell them a good book to read. And giving people books is my favorite thing to do.  What greater gift is there than knowledge from God?

I have a Kindle and if I want to read fiction,  I use it.  But for all my Christian books, I always buy paper back.  That way I can write in them and mark passages that I want to remember.  I think it's so much easier to study a paper back than an e-book.  

I have a short list of books that have changed my life.  I have included the Amazon link where you can purchase these books.



1 At the top of this list is, of course, the Bible!  There is no substitute for God's Word.  His Word is LIFE.  And a great tool along this line is the book I mentioned in my last post,

Prayers That Avail Much by Germaine Copeland.  

3 When Heaven Invades Earth by Bill Johnson  Several years ago, I had reached a point where I began to ask God if I was crazy.  I say this very seriously.  No one seemed to know the God I knew and I began to wonder if I really had it wrong.  And then the Lord made me aware of Bill Johnson and his church in Redding, California.  Bill Johnson says that when miracles become logical, we have renewed our mind in the Word.  He is my hero.  I read everything he writes and listen to him at.ibethel.org

4 Kingdom Principles by Myles Munroe  Jesus did not come to earth to give us a new religion.  He came to bring God's Kingdom to the earth.  

5 The Essential Guide to Healing by Bill Johnson and Randy Clark  I believe that it's always God's will to heal.  God's character is kindness and love and you cannot come into His Presence without becoming more whole.  He never makes people sick.  It is not His nature.  After reading this book, God told me to 'practice' praying for people and laying hands on them for healing.  Since then I have consistently experienced people receiving God's healing when I pray for them.

 Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne  Shane Claiborne is another one of my heroes.  This book will change your perspective on 'churchianity' and changing our world like Jesus did.

7 Pagan Christianity by Frank Viola and George Barna This book was a HUGE confirmation of many things God was telling me several years ago.  It was another confirmation for me that I was not crazy.  Don't read this book if you don't want to be rocked to the core.  

8 The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson  This book contains powerful truths about taking territory for God's Kingdom through prayer.

9 There Were Two Trees in the Garden by Rick Joyner  In this book, Rick Joyner gives powerful insight to the difference between God's righteousness and man's good.  You will never look at the world the same again.  

10 Fashioned to Reign:Empowering Women to Fulfill Their Divine Destiny by Kris Vallotton  I have not read this book yet (ordered it today) but I've heard Kris' teachings on this and they are wonderful! Two-thirds of the Body of Christ is women and God did not give us gifts that He did not intend us to use.  If you have any reservations about this, these truths will bless you and set you free.

11 The Tongue:A Creative Force by Charles Capps  God created the world with His Words.  We change the world with ours.  

12 The 40-Day Word Fast  by Tim Cameron  I have not read this book yet but was told about it by a blog-friend.  If you read my last post, doing this was a powerful life-changing event.  

I am looking forward to 2016 with a renewed sense of purpose and hope!  The world is in need of a Savior and we are to be His hands and feet.  We are to speak His Words into the earth and bring righteousness and truth.  We cannot do that until He is manifested in us.  Wrong thinking (thinking that is not aligned with the truth of God's Word) will stop this from happening.

We need His Truth.  We need revelation.  We need transformation.

Happy New Year!

love and blessings~




"My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge." Hosea 4:6

1 comment:

  1. Great list of books. I have read most and look forward to the others. Thanks for the suggestions. Proverbs 4 tells us to get wisdom and get understanding, it's the principle thing and the benefits of doing so cover many aspects of our daily life. Books are great tools to use in our journey and I encourage everyone to use what God has made available through the these great authors. Be blessed in 2016 my friend. Patty Ann

    ReplyDelete