November 21, 2013

A Use for Scented Candle Jars

When I thought of this the other day it occurred to me that maybe I was the only one in the whole world who hadn't thought of this earlier!  But, here goes...

If you're like me, I LOVE to have my house smelling good and I'm on a constant search for wonderful smelling candles.  I burn them constantly - even when I'm home alone - because I enjoy them so much.

So over the years I have had a huge amount of left over candle jars and never have known what to do with them.  And then with the holidays approaching, it dawned on me.

I had several candles that had burned down as far as they could go.  I put them on my stove on the warming section but I'm sure a normal burner turned to low would work as well.

When the wax melted I poured it all into an empty can.  I let the candle jars cool completely (don't put them under cold water - they will crack) and then scraped out all the wax that was left when I poured it out.  I then popped them in the dishwasher and ran it when it was full.

I took them out of the dishwasher while they were still warm and the labels came off cleanly and easily.   And I was confident that were clean to fill with food.

I had some chalkboard stickers that I had ordered from Amazon.  I simply stuck them on, tied a ribbon and evergreen around the top and they're ready to give as gifts!

I think the chalkboard stickers are so much fun because you change the way you use them and still have a label.

You could combine them with other gifts.


You can use them for treats in the kitchen or in the bathroom for bath salts or cotton balls.  If you like to make homemade bath salts or other homemade gifts, they're a great way to package them!

My husband laughed and said he wished I'd thought of this a long time ago.  We've thrown away A LOT of jars!  Better late than never.

Have a wonderful Thursday!  Love and blessings!
"For the LORD gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding."  Proverbs 2:6

No comments:

Post a Comment