November 19, 2013

Book Club

Hi All!

I love to read.  I love good fiction and will often finish a book in a day but I also love to find books that share what others are hearing from God.

There are 3 books in particular that have been a huge confirmation of what God is telling me, but I've read so many wonderful books over the years that I want to share them with you.   As you read them, I would love to hear how God is speaking to you and blessing you!

The first three books are:

Bill Johnson's - "When Heaven Invades Earth"   Bill Johnson is a pastor in Redding, CA.  Their church has a website ibethel.org where you can listen to their free 'Sermon of the Week.'  I have been so blessed by this ministry!

The second book is "Pagan Christianity" by Frank Viola.  There are so many practices in our church that have been handed down through the ages that are not scriptural.  God began showing me this several years ago and confirmed it through this book.

The third is "Irresistible Revolution,"  by Shane Claiborne.  This book shows what true Christianity should look like like no other book I've ever read.

I will post more soon.  The list is long.  But I have been so blessed by some of these people and their books that I want you to be, too!

Love and blessings!

"From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. " Psalms 61:2



No comments:

Post a Comment