March 25, 2014

It is Always God's Will to Heal

My dad has been married six times.  I went through 3 divorces in my family between the ages of 9 and 15.  Then my dad left the state and I did not hear from him for 11 years, until I found him.
This left deep wounds in my soul which affected me in every area of my life.  I had fear of rejection, I believed I was unlovable, I was angry and confused.  I had trust issues. 
As I entered my 20’s, I began to have severe migraine headaches that over the years got worse and worse.  I sought doctors and their solution was to find a pain medication that would take away the headaches.  But I had headaches for a reason. 
Everything is spiritual.  We are spiritual beings.  When we are wounded emotionally, it manifests in many ways and often times in sickness.   My dad’s lifestyle was not my fault yet I suffered because of it.  And it became sin in my life.  Fear of rejection, anger, confusion – all these things fall short of the glory of God.  My thinking and my emotions were not in line with the truth of Jesus Christ. 
My sin then led to wrong actions.  I mistreated others because of my fears and issues.  God had a lot of healing to do in my life. 
Many people become angry when it is suggested that sickness is rooted in sin but sickness came into the world through sin.  The first to suggest that sickness was not spiritual was Hippocrates – the father of Western Medicine.  But James 5:14 says, “Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him.”   In every example of sickness in the Bible, we see that sin/forgiveness of sin is connected.
That does not mean that we are to look at those that are REALLY sick and jump to the judgment that they are REALLY sinful.   They may have suffered the worse in this life and therefore be opened up to sickness.  Jesus wants to heal them.
In Luke 5:20-25 Jesus heals a man who was paralyzed.  He says, “Friend, your sins are forgiven you.”  The scribes and Pharisees challenge this and Jesus says, “Which is easier to say, ‘Your sins have been forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’?
Scripture tells us over and over again that ‘Jesus healed them all.’  He never divided the crowd and told the group on the right that God did not want to heal them, they needed to learn something.  We ALL need to learn something.  We ALL need to be more dependent on God.  But God has given us the Holy Spirit to lead us into ALL truth.  Most the time our own actions have led us into negative circumstances and through these things, hopefully we will cry out to God and repent of our sin.  But our actions put us there, not God.
Proverbs 4:18 says, “But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, that shines brighter and brighter until the full day.”
Proverbs 8:10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.  For by me your days will be multiplied, and years of life will be added to you.”
And Psalm 1 says, “How BLESSED is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers.  But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His Law he meditates day and night.  He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; AND IN WHATEVER HE DOES, HE PROSPERS.”
I have been so blessed by the teachings of Katie Souza.  She teaches so beautifully on how the Light of Jesus heals these soul wounds that we all possess.  www.expectedendministries.com   She refers to the story of Jesus casting out demons in Matthew 8:28.  “When He (Jesus) had come to the other side, to the country of the Gergesenes, there met Him two demon-ightpossessed men, coming out of the tombs, exceedingly fierce, so that no one could pass that way. 29And suddenly they cried out, saying, "What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?”
Jesus was pure and without sin.  He had nothing in common with these demons.  That gave Him complete authority over them.  When we have something in common with the demonic (sin), it gives them legal license to attack us; therefore , we have no authority over them.  When we repent of our sin and our ‘soul wounds’ are healed, we then have authority over this area in our lives.  3 John 2 says, “Beloved, I pray that you prosper and are in good health, even as your soul prospers.”  This is the will of God for us;  that we prosper in all things and walk in good health.  There is a scriptural connection between the prosperity of our soul and our health.
Because we have not understood why people who have faith in God are dying of illness, we have tried to adjust our doctrine to fit this world.  We need to adjust our thinking to fit the Word of God.
Katie Souza also shares how the Lord led her to do a 40 day fast and at the end of that fast, she saw Beelzebub falling from the heavens and knew she now had authority over the demonic.  The Lord still teaches her as she goes into situations and prepares her by showing her ‘soul wounds’ that are still not healed in her life, so that she will have authority in a situation.
I recently read an article written by a non-believer who went on a 40 day fast to lose weight.  http://www.falconblanco.com/health/fasting.htm  I was amazed as he explained the changes you go through; physically, emotionally and spiritually, as you go through this fast.  Through his research, he learned that a 40 day fast destroys cancer cells in your body.  I have a dear friend who gives a testimony of a lady she knew when she was a child that was diagnosed with terminal cancer.  The Lord instructed this believer to do a 40 day fast.  When this lady finished, the cancer was gone.
Katie also teaches on the Light of Jesus.  Several years ago, the Lord led me to study ‘light.’  Jesus tells us that He is the Light of the World.  I learned so much about healing in this season and so was amazed as Katie added to that teaching.
 Another wonderful book is, “The Healing Light” by Agnes Sanford.  She had a miracle healing ministry and would imagine, just like Katie, that the Light of Jesus was shining on the sickness. 
I want to share, in my own words, an analogy that Ms. Sanford gives in her book.
“Imagine that there is an infinite reservoir of light/water/holiness/healing;  that is God.  This infinite love and healing is available to us at all times.  From the reservoir, a hose flows down to us and at the end of this hose there is a valve that we have the power to open or close.  God’s healing and light is available to all us.  It is infinite and given to us through the Blood of Jesus.  We just need to learn how to open the valve.”
Our mind is the ‘gate’ – the valve!  Romans 12:2 says, “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may PROVE what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.”  God’s will is good and acceptable and perfect.  As our mind, ‘the gate’, begin to line up with the Truth of Jesus, we are open to receive instruction, healing and revelation to set us free from sin.
 I have also learned so much from Bill Johnson.   www.ibethel.org    He pastors Bethel church in Redding California.  His church has been experiencing miracles for years now.  He says that when our mind is renewed in truth, miracles become logical.
I have a ways to go.  But I am setting my heart to think like Jesus; until the miraculous becomes logical.

Love and blessings!















No comments:

Post a Comment