May 12, 2015

God in Our Home

Blogland is made up of such a sweet bunch of people!  And you always have the nicest things to say. I appreciate every kind comment and also those that remain quiet when my ideas aren't great!  lol

But the comments that I have loved the most when people visit our home or my blog is that our home feels so peaceful and happy.  I'd like to think that you can 'see' God's presence in our home.

You've probably noticed that I have several things that have scripture on them around our house but I'd like to share with you some of the things in our home that have meaning to me and that reflect God's goodness to me.

I love this scripture.  Many may imagine God as a disciplinarian and He is, for our own good, because He loves us.  But He's also that Daddy that takes such joy in His children's accomplishments. This scripture always reminds me that God "likes" me.
I used to have 'the benediction' painted around our entry hall.  I loved knowing that people received a blessing every time they entered our home or left.  I've missed having it here since we redecorated.

You can also see the angel by our front door.  It's since been painted an antique white.
Sometimes I look at our entry hall and try to figure out how to have the Benediction in here again. For the time being it's reduced to this.

But almost every thing in my house has a spiritual meaning to me.  I'd like to share with you the reminders of God that are in our house that you may not realize.

One of my favorites is this picture of a door.  I bought this when we lived in Virginia and have always thought it was beautiful.
I really can't say why this seems like such a Godly picture to me.  It seems to hold a promise of an intimacy with God; of entering the Holy of Holies, of peace and joy in His garden.
 "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." Revelation 3:20
I love it and am always happy when it works with my decorating.

I haven't shown you this picture before.  I'm sorry this photo is so bad.  It's very cloudy and rainy here today and I've been 'cheating' and using old photos.
It hangs in our hallway.  I'd like to get a frame for it.  It's two people thanking God for their food.  I love it because it's very French and very Godly.

You may have noticed the Fleur de Lis above our stove in our kitchen.

 A dear friend gave it to me because she knew how much I love these.  The Fleur de Lis represents the Trinity.

The three sheaves gathered together into one entity.  The French had this symbol on all their shields and swords as a tribute to their faith in God.

I have several more things I'd like to show you but it is so dark here today that I'm not able to get any good pictures. We're supposed to get some sunshine tomorrow and I'm hoping to get some good pictures and share some other things that I see as Godly in our home that may surprise you.

We're also working on a new table top for Laura's house and some other projects that I hope to share soon.

Have a wonderful day!

love and blessings~


 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,'  Matthew 28:19

10 comments:

  1. Your home is lovely and such beautiful words and sayings. I am sure that everyone that enters your home feels the warmth and love that your house has.
    Have a wonderful week.\
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! It's so nice to connect with you here.
      love and blessings~

      Delete
  2. Your home is so uplifting! I have throughout "seen" God in ordinary things around the home as well, things that remind me of peace, love and family feelings. It's refreshing to see the same sentiments so beautifully displayed in your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teresa! It's so wonderful to 'meet' so many followers of Christ here in Blogland.
      love and blessings~

      Delete
  3. I, too, have many things with scripture, several crosses, many Bibles and books in our home. They are a reminder to me when I walk through the house of the God I serve because of the sacrifice of His Son for me. Thanks for sharing your beautiful home. May the Lord bless and keep you always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nana! And thank you for sharing your faith in Christ!
      love and blessings~

      Delete
  4. I did not know the meaning behind the Fleur De Les, but I have always loved them and have many in my home. Now I have a reason to even love them more! I also want to tell you a quick story relating to having "religious" displays in our homes. My mom had one of the lighted "Garden of Gethsemane" pictures in her bedroom, and one of her grandsons who was not raised to be a Christian became a very devout Christian in his adult life. He told me that as a child he was always drawn to this picture of Christ when he would visit his Grandma's house, and he would sneak into her bedroom to just stare at it. We feel it was the Holy Spirit using that picture to draw him to salvation. Thank God Grandma had it hanging in her home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanie, what a beautiful story! It's a Biblical principle that we become what we gaze upon so I'm sure you're right! Thank you so much for telling me!
      love and blessings~

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love your home. I am obsessed with Fleur di Lis and never knew the meaning of them. I am so happy to finally learn that they are a Christian symbol of faith. No wonder I am so drawn to them. I have several religious sayings throughout my home as well. I love the way you have your displays in your home. Love your blog. Thanks for always bringing uplifting messages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kris! Your kind words mean a lot to me!
      love and blessings~

      Delete