May 8, 2015

Lots of Changes Coming!

Happy Friday!

I hope you're all surviving the wild Spring weather!  It's been relatively calm and very beautiful here in Michigan.

Our 18 year old son lives at home and is attending the nearby university.  He was a little guy once and his bedroom has been upstairs.  We've suggested a couple of times that he move to the basement bedroom and recently he made the decision to change his headquarters.

It makes a lot of sense. The only time any one goes in the basement right now is when my husband uses our weight room that's down there.

I made them a 'man-cave' and they're not using it!  :)
 There's a wet bar and mini-fridge, a pool table, a weight room - you would think it was a guy's paradise.






But the good news for me is that now my husband is going to move his office upstairs so that we have two guest rooms on our main floor.

And that means I get to put together a new guest room!

I have a great pair of twin headboards that Mark made a couple of years ago out of shuttered doors. And I have two twin beds put together in the basement to make a king-sized bed.  And I have a beautiful desk that I love and I haven't had a place for. So the only thing I'll need is a night stand. I've been planning this day for a while.  ;)

I've also been pinning guest rooms trying to decide what direction I'll go.

I think this is my favorite.  What a pretty combination - very soft lavender walls with lots of white. I can't tell what fabric the window treatment and dust ruffles are made out of but I love the color combination.  Of course, I don't have these wonderful beds which really 'make' the room!
I love this combination of beige and toile and this room has the same beautiful style of bed spreads.
The room below is Pamela Pierce.  I love the rolled up comforters and her signature beige and confit of pink roses.
This room is closer to the size of our very small room.  Beautiful simplicity.
I think I'm going to go very soft and neutral with not a speck of blue.

So in the next couple of weeks we'll be moving furniture up and down two flights of stairs.  And I'll be repainting a couple of rooms.  And we're still waiting for our new living room window.

Lots of fun changes!

Have a wonderful weekend!  love and blessings~

"Do not hesitate to show hospitality to strangers for thereby some have entertained angels unaware."  Hebrews 13:2

I'm joining these parties:
A Stroll thru Life
CedarHill Farmhouse

8 comments:

  1. WOW love the man cave - I would take it over if they are not going to use it, as it's beautiful. Your pins are so pretty for a guest bedroom. I am sure you will have a amazing room when your finished.
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend and Happy Mothers Day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, this basement room is perfect for your son !!! I know he will love it, and so will his friends.
    Guest bedrooms are wonderful. I outfit mine down to extra toothbrushes, everything I love X10, piles of white towels, and white linens. I simply cannot do without white sheets! Good going....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marsha! I'm really glad he's decided to move down there. It makes more sense for our home and our family.
      Hope you have a wonderful weekend! love and blessings~

      Delete
  3. It truly makes sense for your son to have that wonderful space for his own .... I love the inspiration pics...I am sure you will be creating a gorgeous room for your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I would use the man cave, it looks amazing. I am trying to redo my master bedroom, so can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marty! Looking forward to your master bedroom too!
      love and blessings~

      Delete