June 4, 2015

Bruce Jenner

"then God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." Genesis 1:27

I have the utmost compassion for anyone who has suffered with "gender confusion."  I can't imagine how painful it must be to not even have that most basic identity of 'man' or 'woman' settled in your being.

And I know that God has great compassion on every person, no matter how far they are from Him.  I don't pretend to understand homosexuality and gender confusion.  I know that we were all born 'wrong.'  We were all born 'dead in trespasses and sin' (Ephesians 2:1) so it's not surprising that sometimes that separation from God results in this kind of confusion.  But any sexual sin should be viewed as something that can be healed and redeemed by the blood of Jesus - when we recognize it as sin and repent.

But having compassion does not mean we should ever give anyone the impression that this sexual sin is alright.  Sin is sin.  And sexual sin damages us more deeply than other sin because sex is spiritual. God loves people and He hates sin because it destroys the people that He loves.

I recently read an article that states that doctors have discovered that a woman has the DNA in her body from every sexual partner she has had!  We know that sex is a covenant act.  And we know that sex causes a bond that is very hard to break.  I think this gives a greater understanding as to why. The 'two' have truly become 'one.'

The blessing of the family and church is so important, but it's sex that marries us.  Two men or two women cannot be spiritually married.  They are both the same side of the whole.  You've got two lefts and no right.

But it's amazing to me how easily our society has gotten behind Bruce/Caitlyn as he has made this change. The media has bullied people into supporting him and praising him for being "so brave."  I saw a preview of an upcoming interview that Bruce has given.  He said, "I am the new normal."

If a cat thinks it's a dog and starts to act like a dog, has surgery to make it look more like a dog, and tells people it's a dog, it will still give birth to kittens. No matter how confused the cat is, it's still a cat.

If a man surgically has his genitals removed, has plastic surgery to make him look more like a woman and has breast implants, he still has the DNA of a man.  He has not become a woman.

And I wonder how many people that are applauding his bravery would want their son to marry him?

I truly appreciate all the Christian people who have stood up to the popular opinion and disagreed. It's not a matter of being kind, although I think we should always be kind.  It's a matter of what the next generation will believe.  If your 'confusion' is accepted and encouraged, if sin is never acknowledged, we'll head further down this slippery slope.  And I can't imagine where we'll end up.

All sin separates us from God.  We should always pray that people would repent of their sin and be restored to right relationship with God.  Any lie that stands in the way of this should be brought down.

I heard that Bruce had a panic attack as he was going into surgery.  I pray that when all media approval dies down and he's left alone, he doesn't regret his decision.  I pray for all his children.  I think that one of the saddest things in this whole event is that they are not able to express their confusion and anger.  The media has tried to make us all ashamed of our disapproval.

So, God bless you, Bruce and family.  I've always had concern about people who want to be in the public eye.  I think they probably have a very deep need for approval.  I pray they find their identity in Christ.

love and blessings~

"For God is not a God of confusion but of peace." 1 Corinthians 14:33


3 comments:

  1. I have never commented here before but I just have to tell you how much I appreciate your candor about this subject. I am in total agreement with you on every point. I am so disappointed that even some conservative Christians are intimidated and fearful to speak against such behavior. God help us all!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. It's times like these that it's good to know God has a plan! :) Thanks for commenting!
      love and blessings~

      Delete
  2. I'm so thankful to be able to trust in God - that He will shine His light and truth into every situation - as we pray. Thanks for commenting, Becky!

    ReplyDelete