June 22, 2015

Dining Al Fresco

Hi Everyone!  I hope you all had a Happy Father's Day!

We had a wonderful weekend - celebrating our granddaughter Rhynn's third birthday with building a swing set and a pizza party and celebrating our dads in our typical fashion - grilling on the deck.


We love piling around this table that my husband made.
Because we eat our here so often in the summer, I've collected dishware that is outdoor safe.  Most everything on the table is either wooden or acrylic.  I love these glasses because no one can ever tell that they're acrylic until they touch them.
The dinner and dessert plates are all acrylic and the little bird napkin holders are metal.

You can see our new window in this picture.  We replaced an old patio door with a window last week and I am loving the change.  My husband and I painted the new trim, both inside and out, and it looks likes it's always been there.


I've moved my herb garden to the deck for the summer and this baker's rack is a perfect place for it.
A carafe is great for ice water  It has a plastic lid that keeps the critters out.
And for the first time this summer, the weather was perfect for an after dinner swim.  My husband, the best dad and "Captain" in the whole world, had a great time with our Levi and Rhynn.
I hope your weekend was as blessed as ours!  Happy Father's Day to my Heavenly Father.  His grace and love in my life is more than I can ever thank Him for.  It will take me all of eternity to express how grateful I am for His loving presence in my life.

love and blessings~

"Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love."  John 15:9


All dishes and glasses - Meijer
Wooden salad bowl - HomeGoods
Napkin ring - Amazon
Linen napkins - HomeGoods
Wooden candle holders - garage sale
Glass carafe - Meijer
Recycled glass stemware - One King's Lane
Baker's rack - Joss&Main

12 comments:

  1. Morning Lynda,
    What a lovely table and lovely porch..........it is amazing how much pretty tableware they make in acrylics that you can use outdoor, which is great just in case you accidentally drop something. lol
    Your plates and glasses are so pretty and they look like normal dinnerware, and such pretty colors.
    Lovely Pictures.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nellie, and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Your outdoor table is beautiful! Those blue glasses are so pretty with the dishes. The pool looks wonderful! Would you believe we live in Texas and my husband can't be talked into a pool? I'd be in it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacey! We lived in Auburn, AL for five years where you really need a pool and didn't have one! Here in Michigan, we don't get enough hot days to enjoy it some summers. But I am always glad we have it. Our kids, who are now grown, have really enjoyed it and now our grandbabies are enjoying it.
      love and blessings to you and your family!

      Delete
  3. Lynda, I love your table and the simplicity. The colors are so inviting. I adore how you have your bakers rack decorated with the herbs! SWEET! Levi and Rhynn are precious! And yes...the best father is our heavenly Father. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy! Thanks for visiting and for sharing your faith in Christ!

      Delete
  4. Just lovely, Lynda! The table setting is beautiful - the acrylic plates don't look acrylic at all! The table your husband built is just fantastic! Great job on that, hubby! Looks like a wonderful dinner out there. cheers, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine, thanks so much and thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Looks like a great place to enjoy a meal and the family! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful family! Love your tablescape, so nice!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete