June 12, 2015

Good Health


Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers. 
3 John 1:2 

I have only been to the doctor once in the last ten years.  I made some radical changes in both my beliefs and in my practices in the last decade that has caused me to walk in better health, which is God's will for us.

Most believers in Christ have heard of the "Daniel Fast."  Do you realize that nowhere in this story is the word "fast?"  Daniel had heard something from God which caused him to have a deep conviction to not eat the way the King wanted him to eat.  Daniel ate this way all the time and was confidant that the King would see that his eating habits were good.

Daniel 1:8 says, "But Daniel made up his mind that he would not defile himself with the king's choice food or with the wine which he drank..."

We are spirit, soul and body.  What we eat affects us spiritually and physically.  What we believe affects us spiritually and physically.  There is no division between our soul and body.

Whenever I have an "ailment", I search my soul.  The first thing I do when I'm not feeling well is seek God to see if sin in my life has opened the door for sickness or body "malfunctions."  My sin could be anything from worry to judgment to eating wrong to not following the leading of the Holy Spirit.  Most the time as I receive correction and direction from the Holy  Spirit, I will receive healing.

Seasons of grief or hopelessness can cause deeper illness.  As we daily spend time in the Presence of God, we receive the soul healing that will bring physical healing.

In the last few months my left shoulder was really causing me discomfort.  I couldn't raise my arm straight up.  My chiropractor, who's also a dear friend and is Spirit filled, helped me understand that our heart is connected to our left arm and my grief over my dad's death was causing this malfunction. As my heart healed, so did my shoulder.  (I know someone that recently underwent a painful shoulder surgery and is going through physical therapy.  Prayer is much easier. And the root of their pain is still unhealed.)

Anything that takes the place and the authority of God is "anti-Christ."  The term anti-Christ often means "instead of Christ."  When a doctor gives a diagnosis that is contrary to the LIFE of Christ, it is anti-Christ.

Did you know that the root word of the word "sorcery" in Galatians 5:20 is "pharma" as in pharmaceuticals?  Pharmaceuticals confuse your body's God-given communication that He has created for you to know that something is wrong and seek Him for healing.  Pharmaceuticals mask your body's symptoms, never bring healing, and actually thwart healing because many people will ignore their body's signals.

For example: we've eaten something that is poison to our system and is causing us to be nauseated and sick.  We drink Pepto-Bismal which gets rid of the symptoms and still leaves us sick.  The unhealed sickness may go on to cause further problems.

Fresh fruits and vegetables contain "life."  They are alive and God has created them to feed us.  When we fill our bodies with nothing but 'dead food' and I use the term 'food' lightly, our bodies cannot get the nutrients it needs to be healthy.  Then we pray for healing and don't understand why God isn't answering our prayer.

White processed sugar is one of the biggest causes of cancer.  I recently suggested to someone who has cancer that they give up sugar but they decided to keep eating sugar and go through chemotherapy.

There is so much information out there now exposing the fast food industries and companies like Monsanto.  Please do not ignore what God is trying to tell us.

Here is what I do when I'm not feeling well. ** As a precaution, I am not recommending any of these things.  Please make your own decisions about your health care.


  1. Seek God.  I first seek God for direction and understanding as to why I'm not feeling well.  I repent of sin.  I spend time worshiping, in the Word and praying.
  2. I visit my chiropractor.  I have a weekly appointment to get adjusted and an hour massage. Having your spine aligned causes your body to be able to communicate and heal itself.
  3. Essential Oils - I have an extensive collection of Essential Oils.  The Real Truth About Essential Oils
  4. Apple Cider Vinegar - I take 1-2 teaspoons of ACV in a glass of water daily. Reasons-to-Use-Apple-Cider-Vinegar-Every-Day  I am truly amazed by how much better I feel when I take ACV daily.  If you follow my other blog, you know that recently I had a garage sale and have been painting my kitchen again.  The difference in my muscle pain when I take ACV is amazing!  It takes away all my aches and pains!  Ibuprofen has been proven to cause 'leaky-gut' and all sorts of health problems.
  5. Cinnamon and Honey - did you know that both cinnamon and honey kill 99.9% of all harmful bacteria?  Putting cinnamon and honey in tea and drinking it throughout the day may be all you need for healing.
  6. Colloidal Silver -Colloidal Silver - while I was searching for a good article for Colloidal Silver, I found several that were against it.  This product was recommended to me by other friends who share my views and when other things have failed to make me feel better, this works.  (I'm always amazed that people will quickly take pharmaceuticals without ever worrying about the terrible side effects.)  I only take this when I'm sick.
  7. Hydrogen Peroxide - When I'm getting a sore throat or congestion, I gargle with peroxide.  I also put it in my ears.  If I'm really feeling bad, I eat a tablespoon full, which a doctor I know recommended several years ago.  It is safe.
I'm sure as soon as I quit writing today I'll think of something else.  The biggest thing is to drink lots of filtered water and eat lots of vegetables and fruits.  I also try to 'juice' often. The Benefits of Juicing  I follow several of the holistic websites on Facebook and love reading about all the health benefits of fruits and vegetables.

The Lord told me several years ago that, "healing is natural."  I have seen God heal people instantly when I've prayed for them.  But I've also seen some people's ailments come back in months to come because the root soul sickness was not healed or they continued their bad practices.  

Only Jesus can heal our soul and body.  All glory and honor be to Him and Him alone!

love and blessings~













    2 comments:

    1. Lynda, another great post. A few years ago I realized that my soul, (mind, will and emotions,) were doing well and my spirit man was made perfect through the shed blood of Jesus but I was neglecting my body. All three parts of my vessel needed to function in harmony to walk the abundant life that God promised and wants me to enjoy. I got my act together and started holding myself accountable to myself. I stopped blaming others for poor eating habits and my lack of exercise. In the process I watched others that had the health that I desired. I learned new life skills, a heather way to eat and simple exercises that brought my body into subjection. At the beginning of each day I submit my goals and desires to God and slowly but surely I’ve changed from the inside out. Others may see the changes in my appearance, I’ve lost about 100 pounds, but for me, the best part, my relationship with God is closer than ever.
      I too take all my physical concerns to my Father first. He always shows me where I missed the mark. I also pray healing scriptures over myself each day and command my body to line up with the Word of God. I confess Psalms 91: 1-16. I love verse 16, “With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation”.
      Now, I need to go and buy some apple cider vinegar.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Wow, wow, wow, Patty Ann!!! That's wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing your story! I am so happy for you - that's an amazing accomplishment! And how wonderful that you did it with God - not surgery. Thanks for encouraging others!
        love and blessings~
        Lynda

        Delete