October 7, 2013

Fall Centerpiece

Who doesn't love fall?  It's always hard to say goodbye to summer but the beauty of fall makes it a lot easier. We've lived in several states over the years and each is beautiful in its own way but I have to say the fall colors here in Michigan are brilliant and breathtaking!   I love taking a walk this time of year and kicking through all the bright colored leaves.

I've never really decorated for fall inside my house before because everything was French Country reds and yellows and the fall colors clashed.  But this year I've had a lot of fun decorating our new table and a few other areas.

A couple of weeks ago I showed my husband a picture of a centerpiece idea that I liked and a few hours later he found some old wood in our garage and whipped it up!  (I'm gonna keep him.)


We didn't have any old barn wood but we did have a couple of old pallets.  We had recently torn them apart and unfortunately threw most of the wood away.  But we had enough to make this 'trough.'


I filled it with burlap sunflowers and hydrangeas, small gourds and fall leaves - all from Hobby Lobby.  The bronze pumpkin in the center and the sparkly acorns are from Big Lots.  I already had the candles.


I love the white burlap hydrangeas.  I didn't cut the long stems - just laid them in the box so that I can use them in a bouquet later.  I got the burlap place mats at the new HomeGoods store in Grand Rapids.

Everything is just placed in there loosely.  Occasionally someone knocks something out and I just put it back in.  I'm planning on filling it with Christmas ornaments when appropriate and fresh flowers in the Spring.

Have a wonderful day!  Love and blessings!

 "By the river on its bank, on one side and on the other, will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither and their fruit will not fail. They will bear every month because their water flows from the sanctuary, and their fruit will be for food and their leaves for healing."  Ezekiel 47:12 

2 comments:

  1. I saw this idea on Pinterest last week! We made one over the weekend!! I stained ours dark walnut. Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Send me a picture and I will post it here! We'll show all the variations on the same theme. :)

    ReplyDelete