October 10, 2013

Painting a tray

Like I said earlier, my husband jokes that everything in our house has been spray painted several times.  But I one-upped on this project.

I don't have a picture of the original I'm sorry to say but I bought the cutest tray at Target several years ago.  It matched my decor perfectly.  The outside was a dark blue with a trim of chicken wire around it.  The interior of the tray was painted a red and gold plaid background with a rooster!  My dream come true - lol!

Well, as lovely as it's been all these years it did not go with the new decor.  So I took it out in the yard with a can of spray paint.  Then tried my own art on the interior.


I had wanted to do my own wall art so I decided to experiment on this tray.


And this is the finished project.  We keep it on the counter next to our bar stools.
I sprayed it with a sealer to protect it from spills.  And now it's a fun accent in our house!

Have a day filled with the joy of the Lord!

"... just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." Matthew 20:28


No comments:

Post a Comment