October 23, 2013

Making My Own Art

I love Art.com.  I often measure the frames of art I already have and then order something new to fit the frame from Art.com.  As I was shopping their website I kept being drawn to pictures of white cherry blossoms.  After experimenting on a tray I already had, I decided to make my own.

Mark cut three boards for me.
I spray painted the fronts with two shades of turquoise paint giving the background a softened effect and then added a dark brown to shade the edges and sides of the boards.
This is what I had in the cabinet so this is what I used.  I then used the edge of a stencil and added a fleur de lis pattern to the outer edge of the art.

Thanks to my daughter who took this picture.  She had been encouraging me to blog.
I then began to paint the branches.  I picked a piece of art that I liked and imitated it a bit as I wasn't sure what to do.



I used a soft green to add leaves and branches which gave the picture dimension.  I also made the flowers different shapes which makes them look they're facing different directions.  Watering down the white paint also gives the flowers more dimension.

And here's the finished art!


I had my own art in our living room all summer and changed it out this fall.  I'll most likely put it back in the spring.  The best part - it was free!  
This is our living room this past summer.  

"The flowers have already appeared in the land; The time has arrived for pruning the vines, And the voice of the turtledove has been heard in our land."  Song of Solomon 2:12

Hope you're all having a blessed day!
I'm linking up with savvysouthernstyle-wow-us-wednesdays-160

6 comments:

  1. What a great job you did! I am considering painting branches on my dining room walls since I cant find a wallpaper that I love. You have given me some great ideas of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Pat! There are some great wall stencils for painting branches on walls. Also, here are some great inspiration pictures that I have pinned. http://www.pinterest.com/lyndabrandly/beautiful-walls-ceilings-and-floors/
    love and blessings~

    ReplyDelete