October 5, 2013

Our Dining Room Table

As I said yesterday we've gotten pretty inspired by ana-white.com.  I fell in love with the beautiful, rustic tables that are very popular right now and was amazed at the thought that we could make it ourselves.  My husband made this one with no help from me in a just a couple of weeks!



I don't have any pictures of him sawing away in our garage.  The table is so heavy that he brought the table top in, laid it on the floor and attached the trestles and runner to it in the house.  He made this table out of white wood also.

The table plans are for a slighter longer table with three trestles.  Mark adjusted ours to fit our dining room - which is another great thing about making it yourself.


             


I love the top of the table!  



      And for the first time in my life I bought new dining room chairs!



And immediately slip-covered them to keep them clean!  (I'll share how easy it is to do that in a later blog.)

Tomorrow - an easy fall centerpiece for your table.


Have a joy filled day in the presence of Christ!


Wisdom has built her house, She has hewn out her seven pillars;  She has slaughtered her meat, She has mixed her wine, She has also furnished her table.  Proverbs 9:1,2

1 comment: