October 9, 2013

The Family Room

Our main floor has a living room, dining room, kitchen and family room all completely open to each other.  So I've always coordinated the decorating.  Here is the family room before the make over.
Every single piece of furniture in this room was bought at second hand stores, auctions or estate sales.



I collected Blue and White for a couple of years.  I loved the contrast with the yellow and reds.  This china cabinet was made in England over 150 years ago.  My mom-in-law bought it at an auction, never loved it, and gave it to us.  I love it!

This is one of the chairs that are now in living room - slip covered white.  In this picture it's wearing its second slip cover.  The first was the yellow floral.

The view from the kitchen.  The dining room and living room are to the far right.  The round table was bought at a garage sale here in Big Rapids for $45.

I love our armoire.  It holds our TV, stereo, etc.  I got it at Second Time Around for $200.  It's made by Sligh in Grand Rapids and retails for about $4500!

And here's the make over in progess...

.

It's hard to tell from these pictures but the new paint color is a pale robin's egg blue.
Guess who painted these ceilings herself?!  Yessirree!  And I have still have the neck cramp to prove it.  I used a telescoping pole and a roller.

See those old track lights to the left.  I can't get my husband to take those off.  Maybe next year? I'll post the make over next week.

"By wisdom a house is built; and by understanding it is established."  Proverbs 24:3

Have a beautiful day!


2 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see it all completed! Your fireplace is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Pamela! I'll post the changes soon. love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete