March 30, 2015

He Sends His Word and He Heals Us


Happy Monday!

I am so aware of my blessings this morning and so grateful to my kind and loving Heavenly Father today! We never know what's in the heart of someone else and I want to share what's in mine this morning.

I am the most blessed person on the planet. I have every blessing that anyone can have in life - a wonderful relationship with my Saviour, a loving husband and family, wonderful friends, good health and a beautiful home...everything!


But I have been believing a lie from the enemy for several years and it has hurt me and hindered me deeply. I knew in my head that it was a lie. God had shown me this and I'd even 'seen' the demon, but knowing in my head and getting set free in my heart were two different things.

And I had waged war against this lie and I know how to do this. I had worshiped. I had gotten into the Presence of My Father to receive His healing, I had taken the 'sword of the Word' and attacked this thought regularly but it was like a shadow over all my thinking.  Every encounter that I had with people was shaded by this lie.

I don't mean to be cryptic in not telling you what the lie was - I just don't want you to feel sorry for me!  I really mean that. I think anyone who knows me would be surprised by the lie that I was living under.

On Friday, a lovely lady named Marsha Splenderosa, (www.splenderosa.blogspot.com) did the nicest thing.  She commented on my blog, Gates of Crystal, but also featured our family room on her own blog.  That's nice enough but something about the words she said to me went straight to my heart.

Now, I don't know what all it takes to get a person set free.  I don't know what finally tips the scale so that we can 'hear and receive' the voice of God, but this kind lady's words to me tipped the scale.

Many of you have said kind words to me and I think your words were also part of the healing.  Many of you have blessed me and helped me to do what God was telling me to do,  but when I read Marsha's words, I suddenly began to hear God speaking to me!  I'm not going to tell you what He said.  God is SO gracious and SO kind and He loves us and is proud of us, like a Father.  His LOVE covers a multitude of our sins and He continues to see the good in us and inspire us to be all He has called us to be.

And with a few sentences, He healed me.  I have tears in my eyes as I write that sentence. God has always been so good to me and He is SO faithful but it was freshly amazing to me to hear how He sees me. And I was amazed to realize that 'the lie' was gone.

I am filled with 'fresh expectation.'  I have fresh HOPE for the future and this lie had been destroying my hope.

A few months ago, I learned that a young woman that I knew several years ago had taken her life. On the surface, she had everything; a loving, successful husband, a beautiful little girl, a life full of promise.  What lie was she living under that caused her to lose hope?

If you are losing hope, if you are living under a lie that is contrary to the truth of God's Word, please know that God sees your heart and He is fighting to get His Word to you and save you. Spend time in His presence. Spend time in His Word. Cry out to Him and ask Him to help you.

I did all these things but when I ran out of everything I knew to do, I finally just began to yell, "Help me!" over and over again, every day, every night.

Please let me know if I can pray for you.  lyndabrandly@gmail.com

love and blessings~


"He sent His Word and healed them and delivered them from all their destruction."  Psalm 107:20

No comments:

Post a Comment