March 26, 2015

How to Make a Spring Topiary in Ten Minutes


I made this happy Spring topiary in about 10 minutes!  Topiaries can take months to grow but here's an easy way to get one instantly.

I took an Angel Ivy that I bought at Walmart.  Try to get one that is a good size and that has long branches.  You'll need to them to wrap around your circle.

Transplant your ivy into a round pot.  Then take a wire coat hanger and bend it from this:

to this:
I used needle nosed pliers to bend out the points but your leaves will cover up where it's not perfect.  Put the straight wire down into the middle of your plant and begin to wrap the long tendrils around the circle.
And there you have it!  I even think it looks a little like an Easter basket and would make a fun centerpiece.

love and blessings~
"The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified. 6 "He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said." Matthew 28:5,6

I'm joining these parties:
Common Ground -Share Your Style

12 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda, I was just looking at similar topiaries at the plant nursery and they are very expensive! Thanks for sharing how to make your own at the Share Your Style party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I think this is such a great idea, and so easy to make! Who would of thought of using a hanger!
    I love the name of your blog! Your home is so beautiful and a lovely sanctuary!
    Blessed and happy Easter to you!
    He Lives, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roxy! I love your blog name, too! :) It's so wonderful to find others sharing the Name of Jesus!
      love and blessings~

      Delete
  3. I am so impressed .....can't wait to do this...thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynda, I've just discovered you via one of your images posted on Tumblr. You have so much going for you that is positive and beautiful. It looks like you just started your blog. Don't worry, you will have MUCH success! Keep on doing what you're doing. I'm adding you to my sidebar list of favorite bloggers. xx's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marsha, thank you so much! You are so generous and kind. You have blessed me today!

      Delete
  5. What a pretty topiary. I just found your blog thanks to Splenderosa and am thoroughly enjoying looking through. Love the duck egg blue walls and the hallway table, I am going to show that to my husband! Great to have found you. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very easy way to create topiary, Lynda. I like it that you used easy to find materials for it. It will really be a beautiful home decoration, and I guess you can change its design or maybe add some details to it if you want. Thank you so much for sharing this! :-)

    Raymond Quinn @ River Oaks Plant House

    ReplyDelete